Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Change in email notifications

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jagoop View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jagoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Change in email notifications
    Posted: 06 January 2018 at 11:22am

About two days ago, email notifications from out forum started having a different encoding. The result of this is that non english characters (in my case the danish æ, ø and å, show up in emails as 

I am pretty sure that no changes to the setup was performed around the time of the change, but I do not know how to correct it - any suggestions a re welcome.

Example:
To view the Private Message tryk p� linket nedenfor

PS
We are running version 11.07 of web wiz forum, not the lastest version (yet)
Jagoop View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jagoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2018 at 11:29am
Email notifications sent both before and after the problem are encoded using iso-8859-1

It seems to be a change where the actual subject and body of the emails changed from using "=E6" to "" for the character "æ"
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2018 at 10:41am
We were able to fix this issue for a customer by adding the following to line 435 of the file functions/functions_send_mail.asp

.ContentTransferEncoding = "Quoted-Printable"

This fix only work though if you are using Persists AspEmail as the mail component in your forums email settings page within the admin area.

This fix will be included in the next release of web Wiz Forums.
Jagoop View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jagoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by WebWiz-Bruce WebWiz-Bruce wrote:

We were able to fix this issue for a customer by adding the following to line 435 of the file functions/functions_send_mail.asp

.ContentTransferEncoding = "Quoted-Printable"

This fix only work though if you are using Persists AspEmail as the mail component in your forums email settings page within the admin area.

This fix will be included in the next release of web Wiz Forums.

I'm afraid that the solution did not work in my case , even though we are using Persists AspEmail

Did some configuration change in the Web Wiz hosting setup, around the time where I started getting this error?

Jagoop View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jagoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 4:49pm
I have solved the problem.

The " ContentTransferEncoding = "Quoted-Printable" "-part worked, after a few tweeks!
 Post Reply Post Reply