Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASPUpload setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MetroDade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetroDade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASPUpload setup
    Posted: 24 August 2019 at 1:12am
I have setup/installed the newest version of webwiz newspad on my windows server with iis and it's working great. I just installed the aspupload from the persits website, I have the newspad set to use the persits aspupload 3.0 or above for the upload component to use. When I tried to upload an image i either get a 500 internal server or An error occurred on the server when processing the URL.

I have set permissions on the upload folder, how do i get this upload to work with the newspad?
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2019 at 8:06am
You should enable detailed error messages for the website in IIS so that you can see what the actual error is. This should help workout what the problem is.
MetroDade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetroDade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2019 at 2:38am
What are the steps to do this?

I tried changing the send error to browser from false to true in iis but that didn't reveal anything.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2019 at 10:26am
You do need to do that, but you also need to edit 'Error Pages' for the website and click 'Edit Feature Settings' and change the Error Responses to 'Detailed errors'.
MetroDade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetroDade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2019 at 1:37am
Okay i enabled the detailed error reporting on the newspad, when i tried to upload a image 500 internal server error but nothing more. Is there something else I need to do? Thanks for the helping with this by the way.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2019 at 3:26pm
Nothing these that should be it, you should now see the detailed error message.

Make sure you are using Firefox or Chrome as IE and Edge will show a friendly error messages by default.
MetroDade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetroDade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2019 at 8:18pm
Okay I tried to upload an image using newest version of Firefox and google chrome but i still end up with the 500 error. Any suggestions or ideas?
 Post Reply Post Reply