FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HTTP Error 500.19 - 0x8007000d

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2020 at 3:27pm
The error would indicate one of the following;

1. The password for the SQL Server user is incorrect
2. The SQL Server user does not have permission to access the database

Check you ha e the correct password and that in the SQL Server properties for the User that 'User Mappings' has the Web Wiz Forums database checked as well as 'db-owner' and 'public' role memberships on the database.
WizzRa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WizzRa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2020 at 5:04pm
Thanks.

I've gone over the pwd and definately using the right one.

https://i.imgur.com/7c71pgT.jpg
WEB config, based on the KB article.

https://i.imgur.com/H6a5fvK.jpg
DB, based on guidance here and other generic DB guides.

https://i.imgur.com/C8xbDH9.jpg
SQL Config, network config as mentioned here and client protocol support also enabled here. And installed in the Web Server.

What else could I be missing or is there a glaring mistake in the screenies?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2020 at 5:12pm
In your last screenshot in SQL Server Configuration Manager 'Enabled' is set to 'No' next to each of the IP addresses.

This 'Enabled' needs to be set to 'Yes' for the IP 192.168.0.20 which you are using to connect to the database.

Once you have set it to 'Yes' for the IP you should restart SQL Server so that the settings take affect.
WizzRa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WizzRa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2020 at 5:25pm
OK ... so I misunderstood previous guidance was simply to set TCP/IP to enabled. I have now enabled YES for the IP address and re-tested which still didnt work. Enabled YES on all interfaces just for a laugh but no joy. Suggestions?

Also, can you confirm if the WEB config is correct based on the DB config screenshot?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 11:00am
Sorry pout of suggestions.

The web.config is only used for rewrite rules in Web Wiz Forums.

The files in the 'database' folder are used in Web Wiz Forums for the database connection.
WizzRa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WizzRa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2020 at 9:28am
FYI ... Got it working.
Spun up a fresh Win19K VM with a SQL17K.

Allied all the usual changes including the guidance mention throughout this thread. Still had the same Auth error issue .... but this time I changed the actual server properties (not just at the DB level) which by default ony allows Windows Auth instead of mixed mode.

Had a minor new issue with the /forum/database folder permissions. I did set the IIS user to read/write/mod ... but kept failing to update the config file during setup. Had to temporarily add the Everyone group with FULL permissions to get it to work before removing the group again. This could be because the default file perms for Windows Server 2016+ is different to older versions of the OS and certainly different to client OS (Win 7 and above) which has the Authenticated Users groups in there etc.

I've captured a set of bullets to get it working on an isolation environment like mine if you want to poilish up the out of dat KB.

Thanks for all your heklp Bruce!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123