Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reverse Sort Order

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BritBOT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BritBOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reverse Sort Order
    Posted: 24 October 2021 at 9:58am
I have a problem with all the links in the header row of a topic except the Last Post

Topics / Topic Starter Rating     Replies     Views     Last Post Reverse Sort Order (img)

They all go to a 403 despite theoretically being sent to /forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=2&SO=T or similar.  That's logical but...those links end up for example at /forum/forum1&SO=T.html or /forum/forum1&OB=asc.html and none of these html pages exist.

I'm still confused as to why or how the url displays an html page which doesn't exist anyway.
BritBOT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BritBOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2021 at 6:57am
The problem seems to be when an "&" is included in the page name instead of in the query.

I reinstalled the software from scratch before trying this again, just in case it was anything I had done, so this is, IMHO, a bug. 
My guess is it's the web.config, which again seems not to be affected by the SEO Setting - mine is disabled but it still seems to use the web.config since renaming web.config causes a total crash.

If when I get the 403, I change the url to /forum/forum1.html?OB=asc instead of /forum/forum1&OB=asc.html then it works.

WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2021 at 9:43am
This part of Web Wiz Forums has not been changed for nearly 10 years, and are not able to replicate the issue here.

If you are using the web.config provided with Web Wiz Forums please make sure you enable both the following from teh SEO page in the admin area;

Page Titles in URL
URL Rewriting
BritBOT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BritBOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2021 at 9:53am
I have enabled both and still have the problem. I will message you with a link, perhaps you can register and try for yourself?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2021 at 11:56am
If you wish to have support outside of this public forum, you can will find support options at the  link below;

BritBOT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BritBOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2021 at 3:09pm
We might take you up on that, but we need to get this working first.
I have adjusted my error settings and the sorting error turns out to be

HTTP Error 403.18 - Forbidden The specified request cannot be processed in the application pool that is configured for this resource on the Web server.

As far as I can tell the rest of the system has no problems with the application pool, which you might remember was pretty much the first issue that I had.
Any ideas please on this?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2021 at 9:59am
The 'HTTP Error 403.18 - Forbidden' message means that the application pool does not have the correct permissions to access the folder Web Wiz Forums is installed within.

To allow special characters in URL's such as '&' please make  sure the application pool that Web Wiz Forums is running within is set to 'No Managed Code'.
 Post Reply Post Reply