Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SQL Server Write Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kbannon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SQL Server Write Error
    Posted: 17 August 2022 at 10:47am
I recently had to move hosting providers for two websites I run. Both websites run versions of Web Wiz Forums - one is 10.01 and the migration worked fine.
The second is version 11.06 and for some reason the migration (which was effectively the same process) is not working out. The forum loads fine and you can browse through the threads, etc. However, if I try and login, it throws an error:
Server Error in Forum Application
An error has occurred while writing to the database.
Please contact the Forum Administrator.

Support Error Code:- err_SQLServer_loginUser()_update_USR_Code
File Name:- functions_login.asp
Forum Version:- 11.06

Error details:-
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
Incorrect syntax near '44446'.
I've looked at the properties of the database, login and user and they match the 10.01 database
The new database server is MSSQL 14.0.2042.3 (SQL Server 2017).

I also looked to see if I could upgrade the Db to the current forum version but I still get the same error.
I also put some ASP code together to see if I could add/edit/delete data using one or two values in the tblSmut table and it worked fine which would rule out a user access issue I guess.

Should I just reate a new database and copy the tables, views and SPs over or does anyone have an idea where I could check?

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
 Post Reply Post Reply