Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A couple of bugs...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pedalcars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pedalcars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A couple of bugs...
    Posted: 11 February 2003 at 8:35am

Just been browsing v7b3 for the first time (hey, nice!), and I've noticed a few bugs whilst using Opera 7, and one that seems to affect only IE.

Firstly, when using Opera:

1. I went to update my profile; when I clicked the "signature preview" link, I got a blank pop-up window and my forum was updated at the same time (main window went to the "your profile has been updated" page). This doesn't happen in IE, where everything works as expected; haven't tried netscape or any other browser.

2. Clicking the "quote" button on a post brings me to the expected post entry page, except the previous post that I'm trying to quote isn't included. (see topic http://forums.webwiz.net/forum_posts.asp?TID=11&PN=1&TPN=2 )

3. From either the quoting post entry page or the simple post entry form at the foot of the topic page, clicking the "preview" button has a similar effect to the preview link in the profile update, in that the post is posted (updated if in edit mode) behind a blank pop-up window.

4. Using IE (Opera doesn't seem to do this), I added a post to a topic onto its second page. When posted, I was taken back to the first page, not the last one.

Anyone else noticed any of the above?

www.pedalcars.info

The most fun on four wheels

pedalcars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pedalcars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2003 at 8:46am
Just tried Netscape 4.7... It works, but it's achingly slow to display pages. However, I'm more than happy to put that down to Netscape being, er, Netscape!
www.pedalcars.info

pedalcars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pedalcars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2003 at 8:49am
Testing from Opera 6.02...

OK, that seems to work, which means it's something in Opera 7 that doesn't like something in Forum 7!
www.pedalcars.info

WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2003 at 9:26am

Opera 7 doesn't like the preview windows, I've tried to sort it out but it just doesn't want to know so there is little that can be done about it.

It's somthing to do with the JavaScript not passing the form data across to preview windows when using a pop window.

pedalcars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pedalcars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2003 at 9:30am
OK. I'll just have to keep that in mind when using the forum!
www.pedalcars.info

Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2003 at 9:32am
The quote feature in Opera 7 does work on my machine, I'm not sure why it is refusing to work on this site
pedalcars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pedalcars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2003 at 10:52am
Is that v7 you're using, or v7.01?

I have 7.01.

I'll try downloading WWG7 and see if it works locally for me, without (potentially) smelling up this forum with loads of test posts.
www.pedalcars.info

Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2003 at 10:56am
I tried both as I just upgarded to 7.01 and both had the same result, seems to be a problem with JavaScript in new version of Opera.
 Post Reply Post Reply