FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedwebsite design software

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
denise View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: website design software
    Posted: 26 February 2003 at 3:12pm

Hello,

I hope someone can help me. I only know how to make basic web designs and I wanted to branch out a little and make a web site that has a few more designs. A would like to make  a website that looks like the following http://www.www-hosting.net/.  I am particularly interested in putting the rounded rectangle designs on my webpage, but I do not know what software to buy that lets you make these designs.  Could someone please tell me if there is an
inexpensive  software that I can buy that will let me make these rounded rectangles designs on my webpages.  I am very new to web site design and would appreciate any help that anyone can give me.  Thank you

michael View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2003 at 6:39pm
denise, of course depending on your skills you do not need to buy software to do that. Every webpage could theretically be made in notepad. Anyway, as you said you have basic skills you would like to use some kind of so called What you see is what you get editor which let's you change the design on a more GUI interface. There are numerous out there, from free to very expensive. A lot of products offer trial versions so you can see which one accomodates you best. In order to do those rounded edges I suggest to first get to know tables very well becuase that is all they are. And the endge itself is just a little image filled into a corner of the table. You can go to the site and view the sourcecode to understand how it is done. But for the editor? Well to stick with the inexpensive ones I always liked AceHTML Pro from http://www.visicommedia.com/ there you can dl a trial and they have some other apps you might find useful like a stylsheet app. One personal suggestion, don't start with frontpage, you won't learn much from it as it uses a lot of frontpage specific tags.....hope I helped a little. 
denise View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2003 at 7:31pm

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your help!!    I do have a pretty good understanding about tables and you are absolutely right about these images being made with tables.  I took a look at the code  and because it was pretty complicated, I would  assume that some software was used to generate this code.  So I guess my real question do you know what software creates these designs with tables?  Thanks again for your help. You gave me some good advice!!!

Denise

trendecide View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2003 at 12:43pm
You cannot beat the Macromedia Studio MX Suite.  If you're a student buy it from http://www.journeyed.com.  Fireworks and Dreamweaver will do what you need.  Only $200.00 is very little to ask for such powerful software.  If you don't have the $200, go to the Macromedia site and use trials until you do have the money.  It's not worth learning anything else.
Love, Peace and Chicken Grease!
denise View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2003 at 3:24pm

Trendecide,

Thanksf for the info.  I am not a student, so I will have to opt for the trial versions.  Glad to know that this software will do the trick.

Zeffy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2003 at 3:38pm
i just use notepad... Free :-) , easy :-) , dont need to learn how to use a gay prog
cr*piecorn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2003 at 6:07am

Originally posted by trendecide trendecide wrote:

You cannot beat the Macromedia Studio MX Suite.  If you're a student buy it from http://www.journeyed.com.  Fireworks and Dreamweaver will do what you need.  Only $200.00 is very little to ask for such powerful software.  If you don't have the $200, go to the Macromedia site and use trials until you do have the money.  It's not worth learning anything else.

well , trendecide forgot to mention something :p these are 30 day trials :p but! yes the big but , you can crack these programs and use them for free , this is not legal , but who cares anyways

Post Reply Post Reply