Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do I check my db is running

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kevinhann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinhann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I check my db is running
    Posted: 02 February 2004 at 1:38pm

I often get complaints that my web sites are not working due to the access registry problem.

I want to build a page that will run on my unattended pc and send me an SMS message when the db fails.

Any ideas on the best way of checking that it is running? I have a few ideas but dont want to reinvent a common wheel.

Kevin

Mart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2004 at 2:07pm
Do a On Error Resume Next at the top of the page. Below that do a simple query i.e. SELECT * FROM yourtable. Under that put something like this:

If err.Number <> 0 Then
'Send a SMS
End if
kevinhann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinhann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2004 at 2:54pm

doooahhh Angry

I was thinking of something more sophisticated but of course you're right thats all I need to do. Works fine.

pmormr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmormr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2004 at 6:52pm
it's cool... we all have those days where we are braindead... one day i tried to spell four (the number) 4our
 Post Reply Post Reply