FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HTTP Error 500.19 - 0x8007000d

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2020 at 1:31pm
I always rename the SA user account and this comes under constant brute force password attacks if the database server is connected to the Internet.

It is always best to create a new user and set that new database user as the DB Owner over the Web Wiz Forums database so that it can create a modify database objects.

If installing SQL Server Express install it in mixed mode with TCP/IP connections enabled. Also important with SQL Server Express change it to be the 'Default Instance' so that you are not having to mess around with a named instance.
WizzRa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WizzRa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2020 at 5:31pm
Unfortunately I can't get this to work even with SQL Express installed on a different VM or the same VM as the Forum.

I created a new user called "websa" using SQL Authentication in Security/Logins. In the propeties I go to USer Mapping and tick the WebWizForum database. By default the user is "websa" and no deafult schema so I set it to DBO.

This user then appears in Databases/WebWizForums/Security/Users. From here I've set DB_Owner in Owned Schema and Memberships.

Shared Memory, Named Pipes and TCP/IP all enabled. Windows firewall allows 1433 inbound and can telnet test successfully .... But no Coconut.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2020 at 3:46pm
Have you used SQL Server Configuration Manager  to enable TCP/IP under SQL Server Network Configuration for the IP address you are connecting too?

By default TCP/IP is disabled for SQL Server unless you manually enable it.
WizzRa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WizzRa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2020 at 5:02pm
Hi Bruce, 

Yes that's already enabled.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2020 at 8:21am
What error message to you get?
WizzRa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WizzRa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2020 at 9:29am
Regardless of the driver I use (OLE DB or Native client) the error is:

" Login failed from user 'webwiz' ".

Where webwiz is the database user created.

I can upload screenshots and provide URL links later this morning so you may spot something I may have missed
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2020 at 12:03pm
You mentioned previously the SQL Server database user you created with access to the database was "websa".

In your error message is says that you are using the username "webwiz" in your database connection.

If the SQL Server database user you created is "websa" then you should be using this user to connect to the database from Web Wiz Forums.
WizzRa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WizzRa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2020 at 1:49pm
Indeed, that was the config I used previously but have since blitzed that VM (due to cloning errors I spotted) and went with a fresh install using webwiz now as the username, as well as re-implementing all the components you've mentioned on the fresh Win Server install.

Away from my lab but will post screenies bit later today.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>