Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

iphone sync

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Slap_Shot_12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slap_Shot_12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: iphone sync
    Posted: 26 September 2010 at 2:09am
Is there any way to set up an iphone to automatically sync contacts and calendars with an iphone, as though it were an ms exchange server?
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 1:30pm
You can sync your IPhone Contacts with the webmail service using the IPhone free Funambol IPhone Sync App from the link below:-

When setting up Funambol on your IPhone you will need to enter the following details:-

Server: http://www.webmaillive.co.uk/Sync/Default.aspx
Username: email@youremailaddress.com
Password: Your Email Password

We are looking at also offering Exchange 2010 Hosting in the next couple of months, which would include Active Sync for improved syncing with IPhone and other deceives that support Active Sync.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2011 at 8:52pm
You would be able to keep SSL turned on which is on port 443.

The SSL Host you should use for CalDAV and CardDAV on the iPhone is:-

https://www.webmaillive.co.uk/WebDAV/

The following should help:-

CardDAV for iPhone
  1. Open the settings application.
  2. Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
  3. Select Add Account.
  4. Select Other as account type.
  5. Select Add CardDAV account.
  6. For server, type www.webmaillive.co.uk
  7. Enter your full e-mail address for User Name, and then type your password.
  8. Select Next.
  9. If the iPhone is unable to verify the account information perform the following:
    • Select OK.
    • Select advanced settings.
    • Account URL should be: https://www.webmaillive.net/WebDAV/
    • Go back to account information and hit Save.
  10. Your calendar will now be visible in the Calendar application
CalDAV for iPhone
  1. Open the settings application.
  2. Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
  3. Select Add Account.
  4. Select Other as account type.
  5. Select Add CalDAV account.
  6. For server, type www.webmaillive.co.uk
  7. Enter your full e-mail address for User Name, and then type your password.
  8. Select Next.
  9. If the iPhone is unable to verify the account information perform the following:
    • Select OK.
    • Select advanced settings.
    • Account URL should be: https://www.webmaillive.net/WebDAV/
    • Go back to account information and hit Save.
  10. Your calendar will now be visible in the Calendar application

Edited by WebWiz-Bruce - 05 September 2013 at 12:00pm
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 1:30pm
You can sync your IPhone Contacts with the webmail service using the IPhone free Funambol IPhone Sync App from the link below:-

When setting up Funambol on your IPhone you will need to enter the following details:-

Server: http://www.webmaillive.co.uk/Sync/Default.aspx
Username: email@youremailaddress.com
Password: Your Email Password

We are looking at also offering Exchange 2010 Hosting in the next couple of months, which would include Active Sync for improved syncing with IPhone and other deceives that support Active Sync.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2010 at 12:21pm
We are now offering the Exchange ActiveSync Add-on for SamterMail Mailboxes costing £2.95 per month for each mailbox that you require ActiveSync for.

If you wish to add the Exchange ActiveSync Add-on to one of your SmaterMail Mailboxes login to your Client Area account and select 'Add Optional Features and Resources' from your Hosting Account page.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slap_Shot_12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2010 at 8:04pm
I've got one I'm currently working with and it works exceptionally well on Windows and on mobile devices.

I'm having two issues with Macs, however, and I wonder if I've got some settings wrong.

When I check email in OSX Mail I'm getting messages saying it can't verify the server. Is there a way to shut off those warnings?

Also, I can't figure out the settings at all for syncing contacts - it's asking for a server address, path and port. Any suggestions there?

Thanks again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slap_Shot_12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2010 at 4:54am
I've figured out how to shut off the server certificate warnings, but I've been fighting to sync my contacts with the mac address book and I've tried every possible server setting that I can think of and nothing works. The documentation from smartermail doesn't seem to be working, nor do any of the fixes I can find from other sites.

Any suggestions for how to set this up? I need to know the account type to use and the server address/path to start.

Thanks.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2010 at 8:30am
To prevent the certificate warning when using a secure IMAP connection from your IPhone you need to use the host name below for the mail server in your IPhone:-

mail.websitelive.net

The best way to sync Calendar and Contacts in the IPhone is using the Exchange ActiveSync Add-on. Due to the way this is licensed there is a charge of £2.95 per month and it can be purchased from your Client Area account.

I use the Exchange ActiveSync it myself on a Galaxy Tab and it is really good as it is the only 'Push' technology for syncing with mobile devices. As soon as I add/edit a contact or add an event it is updated straight away automatically across my Galaxy Tab and Webmail service.
ScottM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2011 at 11:00am
Is CalDav or CardDav supported?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2011 at 8:00pm
CalDAV, CardDav, SyncML, and vCalendar are all supported as well as Exchange ActiveSync through an additional add-on.

There is a Sync Centre in your webmail service at https://www.webmaillive.co.uk that has information and links which should help you sync with various clients and devices.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>