Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Issues with Mobile Use of Web Wiz Forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
72fordgts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72fordgts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Issues with Mobile Use of Web Wiz Forum
    Posted: 15 May 2019 at 2:50am
I am an admin at a forum that uses Web Wiz software.  We recently were updated to Web Wiz Forums version 12.01.  Since then there seems to have been a number of changes to the software when used on mobile devices. 
First, the forum is getting compressed to a very narrow width when viewed in classic mode on a mobile device.  It cuts of photos that would normally be full displayed. It seems that by selecting "desktop site" option on the Chrome browser fixes it so that it appears as a full screen width.

Second, the uploading of images has changed.  There is not longer a separate icon (the tree with the up arrow) to upload images.  My forum users are complaining it's more difficult to upload images as a result. 

Third, when making a new post form a mobile device, there is a strange character that appears in the message box.  It appears to be an "X" inside of a square box.

Does anyone have any idea how I can resolve any of these issues? 

72fordgts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72fordgts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2019 at 1:58pm
Is anyone able to help me out with this problem?
It seems to be similar the one here:

https://forums.webwiz.net/100-width-on-mobile-ads-only-showing-on-desktop_topic31616. - https://forums.webwiz.net/100-width-on-mobile-ads-only-showing-on-desktop_topic31616.html
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2019 at 9:01am
1. The "Classic" view is not intended for mobile devices. 

The "Classic" view, aka "Desktop View" is to view the forum on a desktop computer or laptop, so sounds like it is working as intended.

On a mobile devices you should be using "Mobile" view as this view is designed and optimised to view on the small screens found on Mobile and Tablet Devices.

2. The image upload button has moved, about a 10 years ago, to the Full Reply Editor which when you click on the Full Reply Editor opens a new window to see all the buttons within the editor.

3. Does the X in a Editor appear when using the forum in "Classic" desktop view on a mobile device. If so you need to be using the "Mobile" view on a mobile device.

Edited by WebWiz-Bruce - 03 August 2019 at 11:39am
72fordgts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72fordgts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2019 at 12:26am
Thank you for your reply. 

As an Admin on the forum, I have to use classic mode to access some of the admin and moderator functions. The previously (as of earlier this year), the forum worked fine using classic mode on my mobile device (Android Samsung S8).  Now if I use a browser, I must click the "view in desktop" mode in Chrome and it appears to fix the classic view to appear properly.

Previously, the forum software had a the tree icon with an arrow when using a mobile device to upload.  This would show up in the full reply editor.  That button no longer exists, and now the mobile devices have to follow the same process to upload photos as you would on a desktop/laptop which is somewhat more difficult for some forum users using mobile devices.

The X appears in the box in both mobile and classic view.

Does this forum allow for photo uploads?  I can post some screenshots, but my I have used up all my space on the photohost I use.
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2019 at 1:28pm
When you talk about the Tree Icon I think you are referring to the Plain Text Editor.

Support was bought in for mobile devices to use the RTE WYSIWYG Editor  sometime back in 2016 and at the time people gave very positive comments on this.

We no-longer have full time developers working on Web Wiz Forums as Facebook has pretty much killed forums off, but you are welcome to make changes to the software if you wish. This is why we made Web Wiz Forums free back in 2014 so others will participate in adding new features.

Edited by WebWiz-Bruce - 27 August 2019 at 8:04am
72fordgts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72fordgts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2019 at 5:42pm
Thank you for the reply. I appreciate the help.
 Post Reply Post Reply