Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMachinima (Help Wanted)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BFreshour View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Machinima (Help Wanted)
    Posted: 14 November 2003 at 9:23am

Machinima is a concept just a few years old of making/filming short films in a virtual world (video games). Much like the movies you see around the internet made by just regular people (BF1942 stunt movies, PlanetSide movies from http://www.malvision.com, etc...)

I'm making a community site for machinima that will be the host of everything from tutorials/how-to's to scripts to an actors guild/clan to interviews with top producers to machinima reviews.

If anyone is interested in joining the team and has some useful skills please let me know by emailing me at fldash@hotmail.com. I will then e-mail you the design document and you can decide if this is something that interests you. I need everything from web layout designers, to php/mysql coders (this is currently my forte), to people who have made machinima before and might be able to audit and/or write site content/tutorials.

Regards

Note to moderators: While this may seem like an advertisement, I assure you it is not. I'm simply looking for some people to help me build a community site. I'm not advertising this 'future' site, nor am I offering to pay those that wish to help.

Edited by BFreshour - 06 June 2005 at 4:56pm
KCWebMonkey View Drop Down
Go Chiefs!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2003 at 10:13am
Originally posted by BFreshour BFreshour wrote:

Note to moderators: While this may seem like an advertisement, I assure you it is not. I'm simply looking for some people to help me build a community site. I'm not advertising this 'future' site, nor am I offering to pay those that wish to help.

We'll see if you're spam or not...depends if you ever come back to this discussion board or not.

BFreshour View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2003 at 2:06pm

I'm back... :P

I'm surprised that I haven't got a very good response.  I suppose the fact that I'm not offering to pay them for their work has something to do with it.

If only the average gamer knew how fast this 'scene' was growing.

They will eventually know.  One way or another...

Edited by BFreshour - 06 June 2005 at 4:57pm
michael View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2003 at 2:45pm
I think your main problem will be that most people here are working on their own projects and might not have the time for that especially as it is something that may not interest a lot of people. Nevertheless, good luck in creating your site and hopefully you find some people.
 Post Reply Post Reply