Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MOD: REQ: Points System

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Praveen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Praveen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2007 at 7:21pm
OK Guys.. Lets finalise.. What shall we do now? Integrate with each of the languages and databases?? Just upload the changed files in a zip file and post the link here??? Will it be ok???
ThomasD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2007 at 10:53pm
I have a basic report worked out and now I am having to go back through and create the queries to populate the points table for all the data that is already in my forum database.  I am still a bit away from an initial beta package, and I will probably need some help writing this as a packaged mod script that someone will be able to just run and it create everything for them.
Praveen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Praveen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 5:28pm
OK when can we get the final masterpiece????
ThomasD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 4:25am
Oh, that is so funny.  I am just hoping for something respectable.  I may just drop the different pieces out somewhere for people to compile. 
ThomasD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 9:38pm
Found a bug during testing that I wanted to point out because I think others might run across this. 

If you are making modifications to navigation_buttons_inc.asp and include code that makes SQL calls it will fail for some pages because the closeDatabase() call is made prior to the include for the navigation.  Move it to the end of the page to solve this issue. 

I found this problem of course because I am putting the users score and total points display in the navigation.  I would really like to actually store this once as a variable and update the variable only when the user has completed an action that is going to change their score/points.

Edited by ThomasD - 10 May 2007 at 9:39pm
Praveen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Praveen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 6:49pm
Oh so have you fixed the problem??
ThomasD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 4:56pm
Yes, got that problem fixed.  Did some more work and put a referral system in as well.
Praveen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Praveen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 4:59pm

Great

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>