Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Password getting changed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
purifire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purifire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Password getting changed
    Posted: 25 June 2019 at 6:04am
Hi All,

I am facing a new issue now. I added a member as an admin though the membership admin section. Initially the password is encrypted in the database. When the user logs in using the sites login API (not the forum login), the password is getting changed to the actual password in the tblAuthor and the user gets a sign in error when logging in into the admin section. Where am I going wrong?

Appreciate all your support guys.

Rishi
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2019 at 7:02am
From your description it sounds like you are using the Existing member API.

With the Existing Member API the person logs into your own website and the login is passed to the forum so that they also do not need to login to the forum.

With the Existing Member API the password used to login to your website with is passed to the forum and if it does not match the password in the forum it is updated.

This is done so that forum members can login directory to the forum with the same password as your website and if you ever stop using the Existing Member API your members can still login to the forum.
purifire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purifire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2019 at 8:19am
Got it. 

Appreciate your patience in answering the questions of a newbie :)

Also I see that the number of views on a topic are not being displayed on the forum homepage. Is this feature available? If so, how do I activate it?
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2019 at 2:25pm
If you are referring to the part that says (2 Viewing), then you have to have active users viewing topics within the forum to see the number of people viewing topics in that forum.
purifire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purifire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2019 at 4:05pm
Hi,

No, I was referring to the number of views on a specific topic. I see that number_of_views as a column in tblTopic. Normally forums do display how many times a topic has been viewed. I am not sure if our forum allows the number of views to be displayed on the forum home page.

Ah, and now I see that when I go right down to the actual topic, it shows the number of views there. 

I guess I found what I was looking for.

I really appreciate the support. Keep up the great work guys.

Cheers
Rishi
 Post Reply Post Reply