Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Permission denied to access property 'command'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BobStein View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobStein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Permission denied to access property 'command'
    Posted: 27 June 2011 at 3:22am
In the JavaScript Console for Firefox 5 (Tools | Error Console) I was seeing this error message:

Error: Permission denied to access property 'command'
Source File: http://asp.mebito.com/RTE/RTE_javascript.asp?textArea=bigtextarea
Line: 135

I believe this is because I was embedding the RTE in an < iframe > on a different domain.  (This is part of my elaborate scheme to use RTE on a non-IIS web server.)  Access to parent.command was triggering a security breach.  Best I can figure from the .ASP code, parent.command was being used by the Web Wiz Wizards as a kind of global variable.  The subject error would happen any time I'd use any of these features:

• Format
  • Font
  • Size
  • Text Colour
  • Background Colour

which were otherwise unresponsive.  I seem to have fixed this by guessing that a different global variable scheme would work.  So I made the following changes:

/RTE/RTE_javascript.asp circa line 251:
old: parent.command = command;
new: window.GlobalCommand = command;

/RTE/RTE_javascript.asp circa line 432:
old: editor.contentWindow.document.execCommand(parent.command, false, selection);
new: editor.contentWindow.document.execCommand(window.GlobalCommand, false, selection);

Not sure this doesn't break something else, but it got the above five features to work.

Post Reply Post Reply