Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reseller Hostiing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jon H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reseller Hostiing
    Posted: 13 November 2012 at 2:57pm
I currently have a reseller package with WebWiz, hosting a few websites. 
I am interested in expanding to host e-commerce solutions for a particular shopping cart.

Firstly, can you point me to an example of a WebWiz reseller website that uses WebWiz servers, that has Personal Nameservers and forum software and that offers technical support?

Secondly, am I correct in thinking that I can register a domain such as 'mynewhosting.com' offering hosting services as a reseller of WebWiz and point my customers to technical support run by WebWiz or would I need to provide answers to their questions?

Is there any information available about making a client login area granting them access to the control panel?
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2012 at 4:07pm
Most of our customers who use our Personal Nameservers service would not wish us to give out their details as they use this service to hide that we are providing their hosting services.

In common with other Reseller Products we would not provide support directly to your customers. Instead you would provide your customers support, but you can contact us with any questions from your customers that you are not able to answer yourself.

There is information both in our Knowledgebase on how to add your own Customers to WebsitePanel with their own Control Panel login to manage their hosting services.

Jon H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2012 at 4:50pm
Thankyou.

Do you recommend any specific software for reseller websites? 
I was thinking of a website that gathers customer data upon registration and manually configuring their space then allowing thier login through http://www.websitepanel.co.uk. Is that a correct method?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2012 at 5:52pm
There is a basic signup form for customers built in to the eCommerce section of WebsitePanel, however WHMCS from www.whmcs.com is a much more robust solution for web hosts as it offers a client management, billing and support solution.
Jon H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 3:48pm
Hi there, quick update - I have since set up a website for reselling shared hosting. I would like to check that everthing is in order, I have included the conditions of use and acceptble use policies.
The acceptable use policy has to be read prior to purchasing anything. My question involves using material from the Web Wiz website is that Ok? Most of the technical information is identical to the information provided from the Web Wiz website, although it reflects the Windows Sever 2008 shared hosting.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2013 at 4:13pm
It all depends on which material as some has copyright from 3rd parties. Also if you do copy and paste material you do run the risk of being marked down by Google for duplicate content.

If you create a Support Ticket with the material that you wish to use will be able to let you know if it is OK.

https://www.webwiz.net/clientarea/support-portal.htm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic