Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Server Variables

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bsafsbc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsafsbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Server Variables
    Posted: 07 February 2022 at 3:29am
I'm trying to reuse an old legacy application using Classic ASP and after installing it and setting up the MySQL database all is ALMOST working correctly.  But I get a fatal server error (500) without explanation when my code tries to set a session variable.  I've been able to see that everything else pretty much works - it just acts kind of funny because this variable is missing.  

Any ideas why this is generating an error - and what I can do to fix it?
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2022 at 3:25pm
Are you hosting the website with Web Wiz? If you are you can enabled detailed error messages Classic ASP from the control panel, see page below for further details;

https://www.webwiz.net/kb/controlpanel-tutorials/enable-detailed-error-messages.htm

If you are hosting the website with another provider you may need to enable detailed error messages through the web.config file by adding the following to the system.webServer section;

<system.webServer>
    <httpErrors errorMode="Detailed" />
</system.webServer>

If you are hosting with Web Wiz and need further help, please open a support ticket at www.webwiz.net/support 
bsafsbc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsafsbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2022 at 9:06pm
Yes, it is hosted on WebWiz.  And the error I get is shown below.  The option in Web.Config to see all errors is already set.  And I have gone through the control panel setup.  I do get other errors properly displayed when they occur as I'm trying to re-launch this application.  Only the action of setting a session variable causes this error:

"Session Variables SetAn error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click  https://go.microsoft.com/fw/?ID=82731 - here to find out more about this error."

bsafsbc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsafsbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2022 at 9:45pm
Forgot to mention - the first part "Session Variables Set" is a tracer line I inserted in the code before the session set.  It didn't get to the tracer I set several lines after.

Post Reply Post Reply