Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0241'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
peter123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0241'
    Posted: 18 March 2007 at 6:34pm
I have downloaded the Web Wiz Guide - Web Wiz Forums release v8.04 (MySQL)

I'm having problems with  "Set adoCon = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")"
When I start forum everithing works fine. The problem occurs after
using the forum for many times.
It ocurrs exactly in the adodb.connection creation line: Set adoCon = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
It's strange, the server is telling me that there is an instruction to
create a null object in forum code.
Here is the error return page from the webserver :
Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0241'

CreateObject Exception

/forum/default.asp

The CreateObject of '(null)' caused exception C0000005.

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : c0000005'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/forum/database/database_connection.asp, line 248

c0000005

Does anybody has an idea about it?
Thanks in advance.

Edited by peter123 - 18 March 2007 at 6:39pm
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 9:36am
We are having the same issue after installing Windows Server 2003 SP2 and the latest myODBC driver could I ask if this is error is happening after SP2 was installed on the server?

Also to try and fix the issue in the database_connection.asp file change:-

Server.CreateObject

To:-

CreateObject

removing the Server. part.

Edited by -boRg- - 04 April 2007 at 9:37am
User123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote User123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 2:28am
While I'm not sure it's related it turns out SP2 for Win2K3 breaks some classic ASP functionality.  Check out this MS blog thread for more info.

The main thing that's affected (at least that's known right now) is the Session_OnEnd event but there are reports of other problems which might be tied to the same issue.  You can request the hotfix from MS free of charge by calling their support department (#s can be found by following links in the blog entry above).

Hope this helps.
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 11:44am
Have found a solution to the issue by removing the latest myODBC 3.51.14 driver and installing the older myODBC 3.15.12 driver. It seems to fix the issue when using Win2k3 SP2, at least it does for us.

Also if you remove the Server. part from:-

Set adoCon = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

To leave:-

Set adoCon = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

It will also help resolve the issue, the Server. part is not required in IIS5+ but was left in for compatibility with IIS 4 which some users are still using.

However, I would recommend using the older myODBC driver as anyone running the older Server. code with myODBC on the server will bring down the entire application pool for all sites that it serves.

Thanks for the tip on the Session_OnEnd with ASP, I was wondering why the active users at the bottom of this page was not decreasing.

Edited by -boRg- - 05 April 2007 at 11:57am
Monoix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monoix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 11:15pm
I got the same error when I tried to add a user through the admin panel. After removing the "Server."-part I instead got an error saying

Active Server Pages, ASP 0115 (0x80004005)
A trappable error (C0000005) occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue running.
/webwiz_forum/admin_add_member.asp

Will try the older driver and get back here.

edit: Yep, with the older driver it worked.

Edited by Monoix - 23 April 2007 at 11:21pm
milchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2007 at 10:28pm
hi -boRg-,

did you mean "myODBC 3.51.12"?
I can't find information about 3.15.12 and I can't find a site for downloading 3.51.12.

Thx

Edited by milchman - 30 October 2007 at 11:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic