Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forget Password

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forget Password
    Posted: 02 December 2003 at 3:59pm

Hi there,

When I click "forget password", then I enter userName and email, but no new password received, instead I got the message:

Sorry, the email address entered does not match the one listed for that username.
Please try again.

But I checked the email and userName in database, it indeed match.

Any advice.

WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2003 at 4:33am
If you have entered any details directly into the database they will not have been run through the filters so may not then match.
tester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2003 at 8:14am

Hi There,

What I did is to register me as new user by filling out the registration form, then I click "forget password", then put my user name and email in there, it gave me "user name and email not matching error". I did not do anything directly in database.

Thanks

Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2003 at 9:14am
What username and email address are you trying to use??
tester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2003 at 9:23am

Thanks for quick response.

I am using fields in tblAuthor table "username" and "author_email", which are all the information I put in registration page. Then I am enable email notification, I understand it will re-create new password in "forget password" page, but I keep getting email and username not matching error. Please help.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2003 at 9:27am
What are they?????

Without knowing I can not test to find the problem.

Copying and pasteing directly from the database may not work as the usernames and emails go through security filters before they are saved, they then have to be decrypted to get them back to their original state.

You need to workout what they where oringinly and type them into the forgotten password page in that original exact format, not in the format they are stored in the database.
tester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2003 at 9:34am
For example, I just registered in my forum a new user, userName: tester, email czbeanie@comcast.net and then I can login using tester as my username with the password. Then I logout the forum, click "forget password", put "tester" as username, and cabeanie@comcast.net user email, then I got "Sorry, the email address entered does not match the one listed for that username.
Please try again." error
tester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2003 at 9:41am

It is working correctly on your forum, when I put username and email address in "forget password", it sent me new password.

But in my local copy(sql server version 7.6), it is not working, and keep telling me not matching.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>