Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed50% Off Web Hosting - Feb 08 - Event Date: 14 February 2008 - 29 February 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 11:01am
If you pay annually then you will get 50% off the first year, this includes any hosting package. At present we do not have 24 month contracts.

The reason for this promotion is to promote our web hosting services. By offering such a discount we hope to see a large number of you signup and once you see how good the service is you'll stay with us for many years to come and even tell your friends and hopefully they'll signup to Big%20smile

We have a massive capacity available through our network and servers which can easily accommodate 1000's more web sites.

Over the next few months we hope to also include many new services, including Virtual Private Servers (VPS), Windows 2008 Server Hosting with IIS7, sandbox development server for testing preproduction scripts and applications, and many more services.
billd3 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 1:41pm
I had to ask,  because we have sworn to our members that the forum WILL survive, it will never disappear, it will always be available (well, there MAY be brief outages lasting minutes, nothing lasting days) I want to make sure YOU will be around, too and we won't be moving again in 12 months! Wink
Many of our members came from 2 other AMC forums that went belly-up, they disappeared for various reasons and people are very gun-shy. They are afraid that we, too, will disappear. Dead  So we've sworn we won't disappear. That's our first mission. Always available and we'll be around in years to come.
Backups are important. Availability is important. I'm the responsible party. Stern%20Smile Gulp!

I'll do some looking on your site here, but will an install on your servers support direct image uploading and hosting within the forum? A lot of folks have pictures of their cars and historical documents and dealership items. Features, we want features, too!  Clap

OK, we can lock 12 months at the half-price offer, and that's all we can pay for for now, correct? Then we'd do another year at a time after that.

Our current host furnishes us the space, etc., they do nightly backups, but we pay a premium to be able to have them selectively restore a file or files, should one get messed up. We call them and ask them to restore xxx.xxx file from last nights backup for example.
They also furnish our domain name for "free". In other words, we pay the hosting fee, pay about $1.50 a month restore service, and they pay for our domain name. One name. Additional domain names are at the regular price. They call it "free domain name for life".

BillD
http://theamcpages.com
http://theamcforum.com
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 2:04pm
Web Wiz has been here for over 8 years. We have 1000's of customers and host 100's of web sites including for some very large national and international companies, all our equipment is full owned by us and paid for so we will not disappear any time soon.

The servers are fully backup each night and you can request the restore of files free of charge. Deleted files are kept for 28 days, and the last 7 changes to files are also kept. For more information please see the link below:-

http://www.webwiz.net/webhosting/backup_service.asp

All hosting accounts included the Web Wiz Forums Premium Edition installed and updated for free. You can make modifications to the forum software and file and image uploading can be enabled as we do have AspUpload as well as other upload components installed on the servers.

At the present time payments are for a 12 month period, but if you wanted more than contact sales and we can have a look and see what we can do for you.
billd3 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 3:54pm
Thanks.
No more reset sessions! That's a big thing now - active topics and users online keep disappearing due to that reset session memory you educated me on last year. I think we've reached our breaking point. That and your constantly answering my dumb questions.

I'll start making plans and getting the finances taken care of.  I'm sure the others will agree.
BillD
123Simples View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by billd3 billd3 wrote:

Thanks.
No more reset sessions! That's a big thing now - active topics and users online keep disappearing due to that reset session memory you educated me on last year. I think we've reached our breaking point. That and your constantly answering my dumb questions.

I'll start making plans and getting the finances taken care of.  I'm sure the others will agree.

Hiya - I must say as a ver recent new customer with Web Wiz, that I am very very very pleased that I took the plunge. Bruce was really welcoming and accomodating, and with so many webhosts around who have lost that personal touch and service, it was really warming to find there are still some decent peeps out there who run businesses like we do, with honesty and intergrity

Thanks Web WizThumbs%20Up
vassabi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 11:50pm
Bruce do you provide MS SQL database management through SQL Server Management Studio?

I am especially interested in import and export ability of huge data. Some hosting companies like GoDaddy offers very attractive hosting packages, but if you wish to move your existing website which contains about 200 Mb data in database, it is almost impossible as they do not provide restore of the existing backups, and ask you to import data using CSV files, how did you resolve this kind of situations?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2008 at 9:00am
The following page on our SQL Server Hosting should explain what you need:-

http://www.webwiz.net/webhosting/ms_sql_server_2005_hosting.asp

The myLittleBackup Tool we provide online is excellent for backing up and restoring database, infact I often use it rather than the tools in SQL Management Studio.

With this tool you are able to create backups of your SQL Server database and store up to 4 copies on our file server or download backups to your own machine. It's then very easy in SQL Management Studio on your own machine to restore the database using the restore form backup tool in SQL Management Studio.

You can also build a database locally in SQL Server, make a backup of it in SQL Management Studio, then use this tool to upload and restore the database on our servers.
This is often better than using SQL Server Management Studio in transferring databases as SQL Server Management Studio often doesn't transfer Primary Keys, Default Values, etc. However, by backing up your database and using the myLittleBackup Tool we provide it restores the complete database.
billd3 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2008 at 6:14pm
I'm working on it! I'm trying to see if our current host will give a refund of the unused 15 months.........
Without that we can't afford a move.......

The biggest issue will be file transfer and the database transfer and uninterrupted service while things are moving.

We used nearly 20gig bandwidth in Feb already. 13gig in January......
I think the backup of our MS SQL database was about 28 meg.
We've got the forum and some large document scans as far as files.
639 members,
26,302 posts, 3,142 topics, 29 forums.
The highest online we see is about 50, then the sessions reset and we see 2 or 3 until it builds again so I suspect we actually have 60 or 70 online at a given time.
BillD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic